Position Responsibilities: Provide homework and tutoring assistance to other under-represented minority students enrolled in STEM courses. Peer Mentors must complete a short reflection regarding their mentoring experience at the conclusion of each semester in which they serve as a peer mentor.
Eligibility: If selected, all STEM peer mentors must meet all LSAMP summer research eligibility requirements during their employment. Please contact the Indiana LSAMP Project Manager at email@example.com with any questions regarding eligibility.
You must meet all eligibility criteria:
- United States citizen or permanent resident
- Member of a historically underrepresented racial and ethnic minority group in STEM discipline (African American, Alaska Native, American Indian, Hispanic, Native Hawaiian and Native Pacific Islander
- Undergraduate full-time currently enrolled for classes at an IN LSAMP Campus
- Enrolled in a STEM major that qualifies under the LSAMP NSF STEM Classification of Instructional Programs
- Have a cumulative GPA of at least 2.5 (out of 4.0).
- Committed to participate in LSAMP activities including professional development, academic and social enrichment.